This was my first weekend in Toronto. I live at the Beach and really is there anywhere else to live better than the Beach in TO? Coming from a small town like Banff, AB where everything is small and beautiful it certainly is a nice transition. I’m sure there are other fabulous places to live in TO but not for me. The sea, the community, the shops and the restaurants, all of it is just divine! On that note, here are some links to my favorite experiences at the Beach thus far.
- My macbook died right before I left and was happily surprised to see a full Mac reseller in the heart of the Beaches called Beach Mac
- We went to the amazing restaurant on Sunday. Yummy food, a nice atmosphere and not too long a wait. It’s called Green Eggplant
- My dog Sugar LOVES it here. Most of the Beach is off leash in the Winter so I can walk for hours without her on the leash. You do still have to be responsible with your dogs so when I needed bags for Sugar we went to Pet Valu. For the first time in my life the clerk suggested I get “this box as it is only $1.99″ as apposed to the $15.00 one I had in my hand! Score!
- The best cookies and pastries can be found at Absolute Cafe. They have all of their goodies sitting in the window so you literally can’t pass by without buying a treat for later. SO DELISH!
- The best hill to run up, so far, is Silver Birch Ave. It starts out at a steady incline at the water and then gets hecka steep after about 4 blocks. I always sleep well after running that hill.
- A shop where I could blow a lot of money is The Cottage Co. Everything is so me and I’m in a very nesting type of phase right now. I want to do everything to make my place livable and welcoming. From hand cream to quilts. They have everything super classy and authentic in this tiny little shop, even Rocky Mt. Soap from Canmore!